Living Out Our Baptism
The Book of Common Prayer reminds us that, in our baptism, each follower of Jesus is called “to work, pray, and give for the spread of the kingdom of God” ( Catechism, 856). At Trinity, we live out that commission through Worship, Studying, and Serving.
Whether through fellowship and study groups; missional service to the greater Fort Wayne community; spiritual formation programming; or volunteer positions that support our common parish life — whatever your interests and gifts might be, there is a place for you here.
Select a ministries tab to learn more.
At Trinity, we believe that a pursuit of personal holiness is at the heart of every Christian journey. Whether in private prayer or in corporate mass, we want to create space for the inward path.
- Rite I Service (Sundays @ 8am)
- Rite II Services (Sundays @ 10:15am)
- Sacred Space Contemplative Service (4th Sunday of the month @ 5pm)
- Open chapel & nave hours for private prayer
Interested in supporting our parish by serving in worship? Check out the current openings below:
- Altar Guild – Members of Trinity’s Altar Guild are people who are called to serve God by preparing and tending the places where we worship, enabling the liturgy. The altar guild has a special role as the priest’s liturgical partner by making the worship life of the parish run smoothly.
- Usher Team – Do you have a passion for welcoming people into the fold? Ushers work at just that – providing a warm presence for all those attending our Sunday services by assisting with seating and collecting offerings.
- Acolyte Team – Acolytes assist the clergy by performing minor duties within the services, including carrying the light into the Nave and carrying the cross during the procession.
- Lay Readers – Lay Readers read the first and second scriptures, as well as lead the Prayers of the People as outlined in the Book of Common Prayer.
Contact Deacon Gordon Samra if you are interested in serving in the roles above – firstname.lastname@example.org
At Trinity, we aim to be a well-read, well-studied, and well-versed congregation of curious thinkers. Christian Formation is at the core of the parish culture we work to build.
Young Adults @ Trinity
Join our community of study, service, and serious fun. From book and Bible studies to popping into a local restaurant for brunch, we’re a group of spiritual growers and challengers. Interested in knowing more? Contact Fr Phil at email@example.com.
Saint Barbara’s Guild
We represent the women of Trinity. Come join your sisters for lifelong friendships, lots of fun, and an opportunity to serve the parish. We host funeral receptions for church members; a comfort for families and much appreciated. Our meetings are held once a month 1st Wednesday at noon six times a year. Some other projects we’re involved in: Sponsoring Children’s activity bags, monthly bridge games, summer lunches with interesting speakers and programs, and our bi-annual Fundraisers Fudge Bakeless Bake Sale, and notecard sales with proceeds to purchase Parish needs and wishes – and help our community.
So, join us, make us your group, together with all our experience, skills, and connections we can create a tapestry that enriches and serves the parish. Contact the office administrator and a Guild member will reach out to you.
Sunday School for all Ages
There is something for everyone throughout the building!
K-5th—Catechesis in 3rd floor True Vine Atrium
Teachers: Cindy Fisher and Deb Haley
Jr. & Sr. High—Pilgrim Series in Youth Room in Basement
Teachers: David Johnson and Nick D’Virgilio
Adults—Pilgrim Series in Lounge
Teachers: Fr. T.J. and Karla Henderson
During the 10:15AM Mass:
Ages 3-7—Catechesis in the 2nd floor Good Shepherd Atrium during the first half of the 10:15 Mass
Teachers: Cindy Fisher, Deb Haley, and Jenn Durnell
Re-new @ Trinity – 5-7:45 pm on Wednesdays
Make room in your Wednesday evenings for your church family.
Nursery will be available from 4:45pm-7:30pm.
Rosary in the Nave
Eucharist in the Nave
“Pack a sack” dinner in the Great Hall
Adult classes in the Lounge
Youth classes in the Great Hall
Kids classes start in the Cafe
Compline in the Nave
*First Wednesdays of the Month have a carry-in dinner in lieu of classes*
Volunteer opportunities to come this Summer. Interested in supporting Fall Programming? Contact Karla Henderson – firstname.lastname@example.org
At Trinity, we desire to build up our neighborhood, our community, and our world. With well-established relationships with non-profits within Fort Wayne as well as a national and international focus on social justice, Trinity’s parishioners are working every day to bring light, justice, and care to our community.
Current Missional Outreach
Trinity Laundry Crew (TLC)
- Let’s have a laundry party! Once a month a team from Trinity partners with a local laundromat to provide free laundry and dinner for an evening.
- Next opportunity: August 30
- Interested? Contact Jessica Larimer – email@example.com
Rising Stars (through Associated Churches)
- Trinity supports kids from 2 local FWCS schools with conference dinners, teacher encouragement notes, school supplies, and donated clothes.
- Our summer school supply drive is here! Click here to view a list of needed items. Please drop off all items to the Common Room at Trinity by August 8th.
- Interested? Contact Nancy Shumlas – firstname.lastname@example.org
Singing Rooster Coffee (Supporting Haiti Missions)
- Singing Rooster coffee sales support Episcopal schools in Haiti as well as aiding economic development & reforestation. Over the past four years we have raised almost $5,000 for St. Vincent’s School for Children with Disabilities and St. Marc’s parish school & clinic. Don’t drink coffee? Donations welcome!
- Next Sunday to buy in the Common Room: June 27
- Interested? Contact Jan Byrd – email@example.com
Homeless Shelter Support (through Just Neighbors)
- Like to cook? Trinity participates in the rotation to provide meals for our local shelter, Just Neighbors.
- Work days happen a few times a year to provide painting, repairs, or general assistance to their building management team.
- Interested? Contact Nancy Shumlas – firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction Work Days (through Habitat for Humanity)
- Enjoy constructing community? Trinity partners with Habitat to support build teams and general projects throughout the year.
- Interested? Contact Alison Bauer – email@example.com
Stay tuned – opportunities are added throughout the year!